One new pumpkin recipe to try this fall is the recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars. These bars take about 40 minutes to make with 30 minutes involving the cooking time. To start these bars you will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
The instructions for these bars are as follows:
- Preheat oven to 325. Generously grease a 9×13 pan.
- Add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Stir until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla to mixture. Mix well. Then beat in pumpkin.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet (mix well), then fold in chocolate chips and spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from the pan and the center is set (toothpick inserted in the center is clean).
- Cool completely before cutting.