Making gingerbread houses has long been a Christmas tradition in many American homes. Whether you participate by buying a kit from your local grocery store, or heating up an oven and baking fresh gingerbread, there are always ways to spice it up.
- Different colored icing (snow)
- Picking up extra candy
- Crumbled graham crackers for paving walkways
- Peppermints for snow men
- Cinnamon sticks for doors/window frames
- Using kit gingerbread pieces to build your own creation (example train station, mall, village)
- Building a sugar or other cookie base house
- Hosting competitions with friends and family, such as: fastest built, most creative, most messy house, etc.